
This is my FB status today - "To my 2 favorite people in the world. The 2 people who love me unconditionally and will stand by me even the world turn upside down. My wind beneath my wings and my inspiration - Happy 33rd wedding anniversary to my Ma and Pa. Continue loving each other and thank you for taking care of us even we're already too big to take care of ourselves. I miss you both and I see you in 2 months! I love you both."
Yes, today is my parents 33rd Wedding Anniversary and I spoke to them hours ago. I miss them a lot. I miss my mom's voice (she has the sweetest voice) and I'm counting the days 'till I see them.
Lord, I only have one prayer. Please give my parents good health ALWAYS. Protect them from any danger and sickness. And that they may continue to love each other, that their love for each other may never fade. Lord give them strength always, we need them- I NEED THEM. And lastly, that they may have more wedding anniversary to come.
To my dearest parents, I love you both and I'm proud to be your daughter. We may be poor before (as if we're already rich now, tehehe) but our poverty never stops you for giving or sending us to school. You work and do all the things necessary just to send us your 4 children to school and make sure that at least we have a comfortable life. Thank you for guiding us, for the continuous care even we are all grown up and have our own family yet you still never abandon us. Both of you are still are our wind beneath our wings, always ready to pull us up when we stumble. I thank you both for the life you give me. I know you never play favorite to us your children but growing up I was sure that of the 4 of us I was the one you've protected the most. You always tried to put up a strong facade in front of me. You make sure that I never get to know the problems you are facing because you both know that I'm the worrier of all and the most sensitive. I even remember before you never allow nor want me to eat left over rice, you either eat it yourself or ask my brothers or sister to eat it. Is it because I am the thinnest of all? But with all this protectiveness you showed to me you still trusted me. You let me stand on my own and mold me to be the independent person I am now. You both let me spread my wings, I know you have doubts and fears for me but your trust is stronger. I thank you both for that.
And mostly I thank you for accepting with all your heart my best friend- OUR tate. You make her your own child. You even get so worried when she's sick, remember the time we sent her to the hospital? But your kindness and goodness never stops there, I meet Nino and decided to marry him. And yet again you prove how truly wonderful person you both are. You accepted Nino even in his sickness and flaws. You asked questions but you respect him especially the kind of family he has. But the greatest thing of all is you give Nino the kind of family he never have. You become the "real" parents he never truly has. Both of you has been a parents to my two other important people in life, for that I would be forever thankful.
Papa, to you I am always your baby. You get worried when I never text you. And you still even want to carry me and let me sit on your lap. For you I am your "liwat", you see yourself in me.
Mama, to you I am always kinda your "successor". You've been my number 1 fan. You let me and support me on my wants to be a "beauty queen". You were my make-up artist and stylist back then. You introduce me to skin products, make-up, bags, and clothes. And oh, you even never discourage me when I tell you I want to be a twirler. You never tell me "you can't be one because you have the thinnest leg of all or you don't have the legs to be one". To your eyes mom, I am the most beautiful I can see it in your eyes every time you watch me change my clothes and put on some make up. or even by just simply looking at me. Mom, you are still the most beautiful girl for me. I am way to far from you because you have the biggest heart!
Papa and Mama, I love you and happy anniversary!



No comments:
Post a Comment