I don't know how other people live without music. For me music is my comfort, my sanity lifeline. Music has gotten me through a lot of tough times. I listen to music when I'm happy or even when I just want to shut myself up with the world. With the right music it can lulled me to sleep. I admire people who can write, compose a song, and those people who can just simply sing.
My musical preference has been chronological. I listen to Mariah, Usher, Craig David to Eagles and Beatles. From Putomayo to Vikter Duplaix, Chicane, Zero 7. Lady Gaga to Feist, Elizabeth and Catapult, Noisettes or Telepopmusik. Jeff Buckley to Jose Gonzalez.
Over the years my music preferences changes but other still remain the same. But one thing for sure no matter how music evolves I would still continue to appreciate good music and I will never stop and forever be grateful for the birth of music. For me I live in music- life without music is incomplete and sad.
Here are the top 3 music that I never tire of listening to. Top 3 songs that has meaning to my so called life. 3 songs that touches me to the core of my being and beyond the realm of the present. 3 songs that brings me back from the past and songs that arouses feelings for the future.
1. No Ordinary Morning, Chicane - this very song became my anthem while nursing a broken heart. And ‘till today that I'm in a happy relationship I still find myself listening to this song. Reciting every words of this song that had shaken my world a few years back.
2. By your Side, Sade - because this song is my DH song for me and this song was our first dance during our wedding.
3. Pink Life, Gyskard - this is my personal anthem of my life. When I feel low and feel that I just want to surrender I listen to this song and then I feel better. “Your dreams, my dreams, dreams come true".
What about you what are your songs? Do you live without music at all? Let me know.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment