Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Passion and the lack thereof

Just after I get married I discovered my passion in cooking. It's only later that I found out I have a "talent" for putting ingredients together without even following any recipes at all. Well, for someone like me who is born with a good cook parents and the youngest of four sibling back then you couldn't really expect me to be cooking or find me in the kitchen except meal time and washing the dishes.

But now that I'm married living far from my parents and sibling I don't have any choice but to cook for me and DH. Oh boy, I love it! It's entertaining and relaxing at the same time. During my off day I always try to cook one or two meals. And during "special" occasions we don't eat out I prefer cooking our own foods from main course to dessert. When I'm not twitting or facebook-ing I'm always lost in food blogs and recipe websites trying to find some inspiration.

But what I find it so ironic is that, I may have the passion for cooking but up to now I still couldn't found that passion for eating even if I'm 10 weeks preggy. I couldn't really understand why other preggy mom's out there could really eat for 2. And I couldn't believe it when a friend commented me that I'm losing weight, hello I'm supposed to be gaining right?

Well, I just hope this will change. Or things will change. And for my next cooking "adventure" I'll be making Chicken Rice as DH requested for it. I've been eating chicken rice for 2 days straight just to try to grasp how to actually make it without following any recipes and I think I already know how to. Let's see.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails